Senior Mechanical Engineer - Piping Designer
Join Our Team At DMT Clear Gas Solutions ! .
We are expanding rapidly and looking for a Mechanical Engineer/Piping Designer in Tualatin Oregon.
We are Renewable Energy. Working at DMT Clear Gas Solutions is being part of an ambitious and innovative environmental organization. DMT is forward-thinking, fast-growing, internationally oriented and a leader in the renewable energy and environmental technologies marketplace. We specialize in developing, marketing and building clean tech such as biogas upgrading plants, creating pure renewable natural gas out of waste which is then used as a vehicle fuel, for heating homes as well as for cooking.
The Mechanical Engineer / Piping Designer is an individual with experience in the various aspects of piping design who can perform the duties of a Designer for mid-size and small projects. These duties include producing PID, piping and general site-layout, piping design drawings, 3D model, interfacing with vendors and fabricators and other engineering disciplines and performing field design work.
- Be responsible for the piping design work on assigned projects.
- Develop the design of complex piping models given basic information such as P&IDs, GA drawings, piping specifications and equipment arrangement.
- Perform the piping design work, pipe layout.
- Perform the production of piping drawings and documents.
- Interfaces with other engineering disciplines, department and clients.
- Monitors piping design costs and schedules for projects.
- Performs field work by obtaining information, making field sketches and verifying drawings.
- Generates design and detail drawings including orthographic, #D Models, plans/sections and isometrics.
- Interacts with clients to convey project design and identify scope changes.
- Review all project documents, piping layouts, orthographic drawings and isometrics for scope, presentations and technical accuracy prior to issue.
- Prepare Bill of Materials and other construction documents.
- Work from hand isometric sketches in field, as well as isometric drawings from piping models.
- Model vendor equipment for projects.
- Produce 3D model for packaging the equipment.
- Prepare manuals
- Selecting equipment suppliers, FAT, SAT and OAT testing
- Some travel 20% - 30% annually
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or process technology.
- 6+ year of piping design and sizing of equipment & layout experience, working in one or more of the following service areas: Natural Gas, Biogas or Chemical processing.
- Experience in Consulting Engineering is desirable
- Field experience required
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Attain success by work ethic, embracing change, listening to others, self-reflection, and positively accepting constructive feedback
- Excel in teams and empower those around you.
- Continuously ask, Why Not?”;
- Continuously seeks improvement
- Read and understand complex information and then willingly educate others
- Are an active reader and constant searcher of information
- Make sound decisions from limited information and a firm understanding of the process.
What you would experience with us:
You are on the verge of applying at one of the fastest growing companies in the clean tech industry and being part of that growth. You will work in a varied, dynamic and inspiring environment! Our greatest asset is our team of enthusiastic colleagues who want to improve themselves continuously. The Big 5 for Life philosophy is incorporated in our company profile to keep everybody happy and motivated. DMT offers a competitive market level salary, excellent benefits including generous PTO, health insurance and a 401(k) plan.
If our Mechanical Engineer/Piping Designer position sounds like a great fit with your career aspirations, skills and experience, send us your resume along with a cover letter telling us more about you and how why you feel this should be your job!